About the Journal
Intent Research Scientific Journal- (IRSJ) is an open-access peer-reviewed journal publishing original peer-reviewed articles in relation to education, humanities, social science, and technology professionals. While it is based in the Philippines, it draws from academic authors beyond its borders (Asian and African Countries) who have an established track record in their field. The Intent Research Scientific Journal- (IRSJ) is published by Intent Research Publishing and will be made freely accessible online immediately upon publication without subscription charges. The journal publishes original research, review papers, essays, reports, and articles. The Intent Research Scientific Journal- (IRSJ) follows the Anonymous Peer Review process to ensure the quality of the papers. The received manuscripts undergo a plagiarism check, grammar check, and spell check before processing for peer review.
Aim and Scope
The Intent Research Scientific Journal- (IRSJ) is an open-access journal that publishes original research in multidisciplinary areas of study and is run by Intent Research Publishing.
The aim of the Publisher is to
- Provide the platform for publication. Circulation, learning, and sharing the research across the world.
- Adopting and enhancing the ethical practices of scholarly publishing.
- Providing open access to the published research content.
- Enhancing the content visibility using indexing and abstracting the published research
- Practicing the open-access publishing procedure and quality enhancement.
The scope of the Intent Research Scientific Journal is the following areas of study and allied fields:
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Educational Advancements and Practices
- Pedagogical Sciences
- Engineering and Technological Advancements
- Agriculture and Biological Sciences
Publication Frequency: Monthly (12 Issues Per Year)
Review Process: Anonymous Peer Review
ISSN (Online): 2980-4612
Accepted Languages: English (Note if the original article is not in English then authors are requested to translate the Title, Author names, author affiliations, Abstract, and keywords to English)
Preparing Your Paper
- Should be around 2500-5000 words, written with the following elements in this order: title page, abstract, keywords, main text introduction, methods, results, discussion, conclusion, acknowledgment, declaration of interest statement, references, tables with caption (on individual pages), figures with caption (on individual pages)
- Should contain a structured abstract of 300 words
- Should contain between 5 and 10 keywords
For further details click here.
- Commentaries should be around 1500-2000 words and discuss findings, implications, and research on a specific topic. They are short, focused comments on articles recently published in the journal or trends within its field. Commentaries offer the author’s original ideas or personal experience on a current hot topic or elaborate on a widely researched subject. A current hot topic may be on an important subject or one that challenges the current happenings in the subject area.
Watch This Space
- The Journal accepts short papers, not exceeding 1,500 words with one table or figure, primarily to publish early important results or innovations within curriculum design and delivery, to begin the exchange of educational ideas within the journal's scope.
- All articles should document some form of evaluation or planned evaluation of the innovation/educational research.
- The article should be written with the following elements: What We Did, How We Did It, What We Have Learned, and Take Home Points.
- Should contain a structured abstract of 150 words.
- Should contain between 5 and 10 keywords.
Letters to the Editor
- Letters to the Editor will be a brief communication on a topic relevant to the journal and should be concise pieces of no more than 800 words and not include original research, tables, or figures.
- Due to the volume of letters submitted to the editors it is not always possible to provide feedback on every submission.
Peer Review Process
Each article is peer-reviewed. Initially, the articles are reviewed by the chief editor and their other editors. The Intent Research Scientific Journal- (IRSJ) has an editorial board, and its members cover various disciplines within the scope of the journal. All the board members have an established track record in academic publication.
Once articles are accepted for peer review, they are then sent to selected peer reviewers. Each article is peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers, and each reviewer will submit their review, including comments and a recommendation on when to accept for publication, reject, or request revisions to the articles.
The process for Peer Review is as follows:
- Submission of Paper
The corresponding or submitting author submits the paper to the journal. In virtually all cases, this should be done via our online platform.
- Editorial Office Assessment
The editorial team checks the paper’s composition and arrangement against the journal’s Author Guidelines to ensure it includes the required sections and stylizations. The quality of the paper is not assessed at this point.
- Appraisal by the Editor
The lead Editor checks that the paper is appropriate for the journal and is sufficiently original and interesting. If not, the paper may be rejected without being reviewed any further.
- Invitation to Reviewers
The editors send invitations to individuals they believe would be appropriate reviewers. As responses are received, further invitations are issued, if necessary, until the minimum number of two reviewers per article is confirmed.
- Response to Invitations
Potential reviewers consider the invitation against their own expertise, conflicts of interest, and availability. They then accept or decline. If possible, when declining, they might also suggest alternative reviewers.
- Review is Conducted
The reviewer sets time aside to read the paper several times. The first read is used to form an initial impression of the work. If major problems are found at this stage, the reviewer may feel comfortable rejecting the paper without further work. Otherwise, they will read the paper several times, taking notes to build a detailed point-by-point review. The review is then submitted to the journal, with a recommendation to accept or reject it, or with a revision request (usually flagged as either major or minor) before reconsidering.
- Journal Evaluates the Reviews
The editor considers all the returned reviews before making an overall decision. If the reviews differ widely, the editor may invite an additional reviewer to get an extra opinion before making a decision.
- The Decision is Communicated
The author receives a decision email including any relevant reviewer comments. As the journal operates a blind review process the author will not see the personal details of the reviewer.
- Next Steps
If accepted, the paper is sent to production. If the article is rejected or sent back for major or minor revision, the editor should include constructive comments from the reviewers to help the author improve the article. If the paper was returned for revision, the reviewers should expect to receive a new version, unless they have opted out of further participation. However, where only minor changes were requested this follow-up review might be done by the handling editor.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate gold open access under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Author Publication Charges
There are no charges for authors to publish their work in the journal.
Self-archiving and Institutional Repositories
The Intent Research Scientific Journal- (IRSJ) offers a publishing model that enables wide access to academic research and global readership for our authors and ensures the long-term preservation of published content. As a result, we permit authors to archive their contributions to this Journal. This can be via authors' websites, institutions' or funding bodies' online repositories, or archives.
In addition, all published articles are archived by Intent Research Scientific Journal- (IRSJ) in a number of repositories, including LOCKSS, CLOCKSS, and PKP PN.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- Google Scholar
- PKP PN.
Content is available on an open-access basis under the license: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.